Last Updated: February 13, 2015
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY DO WE USE?
An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available.
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These “server logs” typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
More specifically, we use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. Without these cookies, this website won’t work properly. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies your informed consent is required.
- Functionality cookies.These are cookies which are set up to improve the functionality of the website. For example, these are used to recognise you when you return to our website which enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Third party cookiesThese are cookies set by third parties we use for different services (for example, website analytics).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the list below:
Cookie: Google Analytics
- Purpose: This cookie is used by Google Analytics to provide valuable insights and performance for our website(s). Up to date information is best available from Google here. These cookies are essential for our site to enable us to:
- Optimize performance
- Deliver necessary customizations in our content to users in specific locations
- Distinguish unique and returning users
Cookie: Cloudflare Security
- Name: _cfduid
- Purpose: The __cfduid cookie establishes security protocols for traffic between MyGravity’s servers and the network from which the visitor is requesting content. The cookie does not correspond to a user’s ID nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information. This cookie is strictly necessary for site security operations.
- Name: _MyGravity+Corporate and _session
- Purpose: This encrypted cookie maintains information about the visitor’s session while viewing the site. This cookie enables the user to login to MyGravity, navigate away to another site, and still be logged into MyGravity on their return. This cookie is reset at the end of every session.
Cookie: Load Balancing
- Name: X-Mapping-fjhppofk
- Used to ensure adequate performance (i.e. load balancing) by tying a visitor’s session to specific server(s) to ensure that content is delivered with satisfactory performance.
Additional information about how cookies operate can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/